there’s nothing more indulgent than a chocolate cake with a molten hot, ooey-gooey center. our spicy maya lava cake recipe will satisfy all your rich chocolatey cravings in an instant.
Editors Note: In this recipe, you can use either ramekins or a muffin tin. For this recipe, we used a muffin tin, and it yielded about 12 lava cakes. If you use ramekins, the lava cake yield will likely be less but you’ll have bigger cakes, so there’s that. It also means your lava cakes would require a longer bake time, depending on how big your ramekins are. Whichever you choose, these cakes are DELICIOUS.
- 1 Stick butter
- ½ Cup Spicy Maya Drinking Chocolate
- ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Tasting Discs
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Cacao Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray muffin pan with baking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Melt butter, drinking chocolate, and tasting discs in a saucepan over the stove on low heat until just melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolks in a mixing bowl until lightly frothed.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, slowly add into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Stir in flour mixture until just blended.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and fill cups to about ¾ fullness. It should make approximately 12 cakes.
- Bake until the sides are firm and the centers are soft about 6 minutes. Let stand 1 minute. Invert on individual plates while warm and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Eat and enjoy!
looking to up your kitchen game? check out our friend's tips over on porch.com for: How to Create the Ultimate Home Baking Station. you'll be ready to make these lava cakes and all our other recipes!