talk about oh my s'mores! these cookies are divine. take the joy you feel when eating s'mores and multiply that by the joy you feel when eating chocolate chip cookies and then add a million and this is that cookie. here's how to make it.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Oh My S’mores Bars, chopped (marshmallows and all!)
- 12 large Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed beat together the butter, and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate and stir, again no over mixing, just until incorporated.
- Chill dough.
- Flatten a small drop the dough onto your hand and place a marshmallow in the center. Wrap the dough around the marshmallow.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched.
- Bake 10-13 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes about 12 cookies depending on size.