there's no denying our love for cookies runs deep. we love all kinds of cookies, especially these lace ones! they are super easy to make and are so delicious we could basically live on them.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 honeycomb chocolate bars, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Brown the butter: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly. First the butter will begin to foam, then after a couple of minutes it will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan. Butter is done as soon as the solids turn brown and the butter gives off a nutty aroma. Turn off the heat.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar then pour the brown butter over top being sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get all the milk solids. Whisk to combine. Add the egg and vanilla then whisk until smooth.
- Add the oats, flour, and salt then stir with a spatula to combine.
- Add small drops on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between the cookies. These spread out, big time, so give them some space!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the cookies start to turn golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool a bit.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 15 second increments until smooth-ish (the bits of honeycomb will keep it from being completely smooth).
- Spread the melted chocolate on one cookie and sandwich it together with another.
- We suggest you put these in the fridge for a little while to let the chocolate re-solidify. And then remove and enjoy at room temperature!