these bars are super chocolatey, super peanut buttery, and super delicious. they are chewy and decadent. a perfect dinner party dessert, plus it's quick and easy, so it's great as a last-minute addition if you need one!
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus coarse salt if desired as a topping
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 chuao honeycomb bars (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8" or 9" square pan with parchment paper. (Pro Tip: Grease the pan with a little spray oil first to help keep the parchment paper in place when you add the batter)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, egg, salt and baking soda and stir well, until a thick and sticky batter has formed. Fold in the chopped honeycomb bars.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then use it to smooth the top. Sprinkle coarse sea salt over the top of the batter, if desired.
- Bake at 350ºF until the top is a light golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let the blondies cool completely, as they are very fragile when warm, then cut into squares and serve.