Homemade graham crackers have a little less crunch to them, but still a whole lot of goodness. Soft and sweet, covered in honeycomb dark chocolate, these treats make the perfect afternoon pick-me-up or midnight snack. Take them to the next level and use your homemade chocolate covered graham crackers for your next s’mores night!
- 1 cup graham flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter cut into 1/4-inch cubes and chilled
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tbs ounces whole milk
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Honeycomb Chocolate bars
- Place both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add the molasses, milk, honey, and vanilla extract and process until the dough forms a ball, approximately 1 minute.
- Press the ball into a 1/2-inch thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and place it onto a large piece of parchment paper and top with a second sheet of parchment paper. Roll the dough out until it is 1/8-inch thick.
- Slide the rolled dough and parchment paper onto a half sheet pan. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and cut the dough, using a rolling pizza cutter into 2-inch square pieces, by making vertical and then horizontal cuts all the way across the dough. Trim off any excess.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the dough.
- Leave the crackers on the pan and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 minutes or until the edges just start to darken. Remove from the oven, set the sheet pan with the crackers on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, break into individual crackers.
- Melt the chocolate: break into pieces and put ¾ of the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate is completely melted. Remove from microwave and quickly add in the solid chocolate pieces; stir until the pieces are melted in.
- Once your chocolate is ready, quickly dunk graham crackers in and place on wax paper until dry.
Eat and enjoy!