we're so excited to introduce our "nostalgic dessert series," where we'll recreate some of your favorite childhood treats in a grown-up yet simple and convenient way. we're kicking things off with one of our favorites - cosmic brownies! we used boxed brownie mix to make things easy, but our ganache topping elevates the flavor for an out-of-this-world result. our sweet & salty bar adds a little salt to perfect this decadent version of a convenience store classic.
- 1 box brownie mix plus package ingredients
- 4 chuao sweet & salty chocolate bars (approx. 12 oz.), chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Rainbow nonpareils or sprinkles
- Bake brownies according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Once your brownies are nearly cooled, chop the sweet and salty chocolate bars into small pieces (chocolate chip sized), and chop the butter into small cubes.
- Place the chopped chocolate and butter into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl, heat the milk in the microwave for 1 ½ minutes, or until it begins to bubble (the milk will expand, so make sure your bowl is roomy).
- Carefully remove milk from the microwave and pour over the chopped chocolate and butter. Allow the milk to sit for 3 minutes, then stir with a whisk until smooth to form the ganache topping.
- Let the ganache cool for 30 minutes.
- Once brownies are completely cooled, give the ganache a final stir and spread over brownies.
- Top with rainbow nonpareil sprinkles.
- Place brownies in the refrigerator for 2 hours (or freezer for 1 hour) to harden the ganache.
- Use a large knife to slice the brownies, and enjoy!