as you know, we partnered with thorn brewing to create an indulgent collection of chuao chocolate-inspired stout beers! since we love creating recipes, you know we had to create one with this beer. and what better way to go than brownies!!
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 golden goodness chocolate bars
- 1/3 cup thorn golden goodness stout beer
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- preheat oven to 350 F.
- whisk together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- once well mixed, add egg and whisk together again.
- set that bowl aside and grab a small microwaveable bowl.
- break up golden goodness chocolate bars and add stout beer to bowl.
- microwave at 30-second increments until the chocolate is mostly melted. then stir to melt the rest of the chocolate.
- add to the mix and whisk it all together.
- add flour, salt, and cocoa powder and stir together.
- we used a parchment lined 8x8 pan, but feel free to use your favorite brownie pan. we recommend generously spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- pour mixture into pan.
- bake for about 30 minutes. or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserted into the center. the brownies shouldn't jiggle. don't under bake!
- let cool completely, then cut and enjoy!
- best enjoyed with the rest of the beer if you haven't finished it while waiting for the brownies to bake. :)