summer means two things: it's hot (which calls for ice cream) and it's s'mores season (when isn't it though...). we took these two treats and rolled them up into one, making a perfectly indulgent summer dessert!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 potato chip chocolate bar, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- half a pack of graham crackers (crushed)
- ice cream (we went with vanilla)
- 2 potato chip bars
- 1 cup heavy cream
- mini marshmallows
- preheat oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- whisk eggs until light and frothy (about 2 minutes)
- add in the sugar, oil, and vanilla. whisk until combined.
- add flour, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. mix with a rubber spatula.
- pour onto baking sheet and spread to cover. Tap baking sheet a couple of times to get out the air bubbles.
- bake for 12 minutes.
- lay down a towel and coat in cocoa powder.
- flip the cake onto the towel then remove the parchment paper from the back. and roll up the cake in the towel.
- chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- unroll and add a heavy coating of crushed graham crackers and then ice cream. smooth the ice cream out over the cake. optional: add more graham crackers.
- tightly roll the cake up.
- freeze for at least 3 hours.
For the topping:
- chop potato chip bars and place them in a microwavable bowl.
- heat the heavy cream until it is steamy.
- add the heavy cream to the chocolate and stir.
- pour over ice cream cake, and add more crushed graham crackers.
- freeze for 30 minutes.
- while the cake is freezing, spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- make a mound of marshmallows the approximate length of the cake.
- broil for 1 minute, watching to make sure they don't burn.
- using a spatula, take the marshmallows off the pan and place them on your cake. note: if you have a torch, you can place the marshmallows directly on your cake and torch them!
cut and enjoy!