why have regular fudge when you can have peppermint fudge? this holiday classic is made even more festive with our for the love of peppermint chocolate bar! the crunchy candy canes of our bar are merrily mixed in this rich, chocolatey fudge.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 7 oz marshmallow cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 For the Love of Peppermint Bars
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine the sugar, evaporated milk, butter, marshmallow cream and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and is well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour the fudge into a 9-inch square pan (either buttered well, lined with parchment paper or coated with a non-stick surface), smooth it out until smooth and let it cool. When ready to enjoy, cut into squares and serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
adapted from bluejeanchef