we know holiday baking is a thing, but we're here to make fall baking a thing too. these peanut butter blossom (or thumbprint) cookies are here to satisfy that sweet and savory craving. the savory notes of the peanut butter and pumpkin spice with the sweetness of the cookies and marshmallows really is the perfect combo!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (you can use almond butter or another substitute if you have a peanut allergy)
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- about 1/4 cup extra granulated sugar (for rolling the dough in)
- 1 pumpkin spice s'mores bar, broken into squares
- Heat over to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and egg on medium speed until well blended.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt then beat until the dough forms.
- shape dough into small (about 1-inch) balls. Roll in additional sugar. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. They'll spread out a little bit. No need to grease your cookie sheet!
- Bake 8-10 minutes, edges will be a light golden brown.
- Immediately press one square of the pumpkin spice s'mores chocolate bar into each cookie's center.
- Cool on a cooling rack.