otherwise known as chocolate bombs, but we like to bring joy, so we made them in the shape of hearts! because who wouldn't love a chocolate heart that melts into delicious indulgent hot chocolate?! we know we would.
- 1 spicy maya chocolate bar
- 4 scoops spicy maya drinking chocolate
- mini marshmallows
- 4 cups steamed milk
- break spicy maya bar into squares and place in microwavable bowl. melt in 30-second increments until mostly melted. stir to melt the rest. don't overcook it!
- coat a silicone mold with the melted chocolate. we found a cute heart-shaped mold to use. make sure each mold is fully coated. don't be shy, use plenty of chocolate here!
- let cool in fridge for about 20 minutes.
- carefully remove the chocolate from the mold.
- fill half the hearts with drinking chocolate and marshmallows.
- use remaining melted chocolate to attach one empty half and one filled half together.
- let cool again.
- place the chocolate heart in your favorite mug.
- pour steamed milk over it. the milk has to be pretty hot to melt the chocolate. make sure once you stir, you let it cool to the desired drinking temperature.
- stir and enjoy!