chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? okay! you talked us into it. not only are these croissant cookies perfect for any time of day, we made them with our for the love of peppermint bars to give this recipe some holiday flair. that subtle peppermint flavor will have you living in a holiday wonderland in no time!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 mini For the Love of Peppermint Chocolate Bars
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons crushed candy canes (or peppermint rounds)
- whisk flour and salt in medium bowl.
- beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla, beat until just incorporated.
- Reduce speed and slowly add flour mixture until just combined.
- form dough into 6-inch disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- roll dough out to make a 10" x 4" rectangle on a lightly floured counter. cut dough into 10, 4" x 2" rectangles.
- working with 1 dough rectangle at a time, place the mini chocolate bars across the dough so that it overhangs a little on each side. roll the dough around it.
- place cookies seam side down on baking sheet leaving 1-2 inches in between.
- brush cookies with egg and sprinkle crushed candy cane on top.
- bake 18-20 minutes. we recommend rotating the sheets half way through.
- let cook on sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cook completely.
- optional: melt left over chocolate and drizzle across the top!