We all know muffins are delicious and a great way to start any day. since we strongly believe in chocolate for breakfast, we had to mix in twice the chocolate for an extra special treat!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Mintfully Brownie chocolate bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners. (We chose ones that looked like flowers!)
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until thickened. Add milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing between each addition. Only add until the batter feels sort of thick and doughy. You may have some of the dry ingredients left over.
- Fold in the chopped Mintfully Brownie Bars.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup to the top. These don't puff up like cupcakes, so it's good to fill it close to the top!
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for five minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
We must admit, while they are a little warm and the chocolate is melty, is the best time to enjoy them!