Ready for the easiest summer dessert you’ll make all year? With farm fresh strawberries and cool whipped cream, this refreshing treat will satisfy the whole family. Of course, it wouldn’t be a chuao recipe without some delicious chocolate, so we’ve added a dash of sprinkle dreams to complete this must-have summer party pleaser.
- Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 Pound cake, large enough for 10 slices (or sub for 10 sponge cake dessert cups)
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- 7-10 oz. Whipped cream topping (store bought or homemade), to taste
- 10 Chuao sprinkle dreams mini chocolate bars
- Prep the strawberries. Wash and dry the strawberries before removing the tops and slicing them into quarters. *Optional, for extra sweetness – place the strawberries in an air-tight container with sugar and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Assemble the strawberry shortcakes. Slice the pound cake into individual portions and place them on serving plates. Then, top each piece of cake with a sprinkle dreams mini chocolate bar, sliced strawberries, and a generous portion of whipped cream.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!