sugar cookies are a holiday classic so why not make them chocolate?! this recipe doubles down on the chocolate-y-ness with cocoa powder and chocolate chips. not the holiday season? that's ok - substitute your favorite bar in place of hope, joy, & gingerbread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (extra for rolling dough in)
- 1 hope, joy, & gingerbread chocolate bar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- in a large bowl mix butter until creamy.
- Add sugar. Mix again.
- Add egg, yolk, and vanilla. Mix again.
- Add the flour mixture and mix again!
- Scoop dough into 1-inch balls and roll in extra sugar. place on baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until the top starts to crackle.
- Let cook on pan for about 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack.