If you’re looking for the best homemade brownie recipe, look no further! These fudgy brownies are thick, rich, and "mintfully" delightful.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Mintfully Brownie Chocolate Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Heat just until the mixture is hot, but don't let it bubble. Watch for it to start looking shiny as you stir it.
- As the butter is heating, in a large bowl beat the 4 eggs with the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla till smooth.
- Add the hot butter & sugar mixture to the egg & cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour and chocolate, again stirring until smooth.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the edges of the brownies look set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. It's ok if a few crumbs stick to the toothpick...the middle should be very moist, but not unbaked!
For this - we used the jar but you can make your own (recipe provided by thekitchn). Add 1/4 teaspoon of mint extract (careful not to get spearmint - it will taste like toothpaste) and 2 drops of green food coloring for aesthetics.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 4 liquid ounces egg whites (from about 3 large eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place the water, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Warm over medium-high heat until the mixture reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer, typically 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the sugar is heating, beat the egg whites to soft peaks so they're ready at the same time as the sugar. Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat on medium until the egg whites are foamy. Increase the speed to high, and add in the cream of tartar and salt. Continue to mix until soft peaks form.
- Once the sugar mixtures reaches 240°F, carefully remove it from the heat and let rest for about 20 seconds. With the mixer running on high, slowly stream the sugar mixture into the egg whites. Continue to mix for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the outside of the mixing bowl returns to room temperature. Add in the vanilla; mix until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Sprinkle 1 Mintfully Brownie bar, chopped, on top.