the chocolate and caramel combination of this pie, with an oreo crust and pretzel inclusions, is sure to wow anyone! they don't have to know it only took you about 15 minutes to make (although you will want to make it in advance to give time for the chocolate to set). super easy and super decadent - our favorite kind of pie.
- 25 oreo cookies, crushed (we used a rolling pin to crush ours)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 30 caramel squares
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (to mix with caramels)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (to mix with chocolate)
- 2 sweet & salty chocolate bars
- for topping: coarse sea salt + 3 pretzels
- spray bottom of pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- pour crushed oreos and melted butter into pie pan. mix with a fork and then press into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- chill in fridge.
- unwrap caramels and place them in a medium-sized microwavable bowl.
- add 4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes, be sure to stir every 30 seconds. mixture should be smooth. be careful not to overcook.
- stir in salt and pretzels.
- pour onto oreo pie crust and spread it out evenly. return to fridge.
- roughly chop chocolate to help it melt evenly and place in medium-sized microwaveable bowl. add 1 cup heavy cream.
- heat in microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds. whisk until chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- spread evenly on caramel layer.
- let cool for a few minutes then top with coarse sea salt and pretzels.
- return to fridge to cool for about 2 hours or until chocolate is fully set.
- slice, serve, and enjoy!