we all know that the top two baked desserts are brownie and cookies. the ease and time it takes to make, quickly take them to the top of our list. so, we did what any dessert lover would: we combined them and threw in our golden goodness chocolate bar for a soft, delicious "brookie"!
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 chopped sweet & salty bars
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (or 2 depending on how many chocolate chips you like!) golden goodness chocolate bars, chopped
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and chopped sweet & salty bar at 1-minute intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Let the mixture cool until room temperature.
- Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until well-combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Gently mix until evenly combined (don't overmix).
- Stir in the chopped golden goodness bar.
- Chill the dough. 1-2 hours should do it. just until the dough is more firm but not so stiff you can't scoop it out.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll into balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls a couple of inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until set around the edges but still soft in the middle. don't overbake!
- Let cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheets before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
adapted from mel's kitchen cafe.