If you are reading this then you are probably a chocoholic. Have no fear, you’re about to be even happier that chocolate is part of your daily intake.
Here are 5 more reasons to eat chocolate:
1. Happy belly, happy heart! Studies show that up to 6 grams of chocolate a day can lower the risk of heart attack or stroke. Consuming dark chocolate can improve blood flow and may help prevent the formation of blood clots.
2. Dark chocolate increases blood flow to the brain, so it can help improve cognitive function. Sounds like chocolate might be your new study buddy.
3. Chocolate makes you happy. (Really!) Dark chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA). PEA encourages your brain to release endorphins, so eating dark chocolate will make you feel happier.
4. Dark chocolate also has a low glycemic index, meaning it won't cause huge spikes in blood sugar levels. It makes a great afternoon pick me up- without the sugar crash!
5. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants. So eating antioxidant rich foods, like dark chocolate, can protect you from many types of cancer and slow the signs of aging. Talk about a chocolate fountain of youth!
Everything in moderation, including moderation. Enjoy!view article