- Orders are shipped from San Diego, CA Monday-Thursday.
- In an effort to avoid possible heat damage associated with shipments in transit over the weekend, we do not ship Friday-Sunday.
- We only ship within the 48 continental states.
- Please note that shipping charges are per recipient.
- All packages will be shipped via UPS or US Postal Service.
Daily Order Cut Off Times
- Orders placed after 10 am PST on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, will be processed on the following business day.
- Orders placed after 10 am PST on Thursdays will be processed on Friday and shipped on Monday.
- Orders placed anytime on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will be processed on Monday.
- Due to shipping laws, we are not able to ship products containing alcohol to the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, and Vermont.
- UPS will make up to 3 delivery attempts and requires an adult signature (with id) for any delivery containing alcohol
Warm Weather Shipping
- If the weather is 72 degrees or higher between our factory and the delivery location, we cannot guarantee the integrity of the product if Ground, 3 Day Select or 2 Day Air shipping are selected.
- In this case, Overnight shipping may be required in order to prevent the chocolate from melting.
- We do provide ice packs with our shipments during warm weather. They will protect the chocolate for 24 hours.
- Weather permitting, Ground, 3 Day Select, or 2 Day Air are usually acceptable shipping options from November to March.
Out of Stock Products:
- If a product is not in stock, or if your order requires a large quantity of products to be produced, you will be contacted to establish a new ship date.
- We do not offer Saturday deliveries through our website. If Saturday delivery is required for your order, please call 888.635.1444 and a Chocolate Concierge will be happy to assist you.
Shipping to Post Office Boxes
- In order to ship to a Post Office Box, you must spell out “Post Office Box” in the shipping address section and you must provide a street address for the Post Office Box. Ship “P.O. Box”.
- We cannot ship alcohol to a Post Office Box.
Returns & Exchanges
We offer a satisfaction guarantee for any products purchased at a Chuao Chocolatier boutique & café or on chuaochocolatier.com. For returns or exchanges, please contact a Chocolate Concierge at 888.635.1444 or [email protected].
If you choose to provide your personal information, it will be stored and protected appropriately. Some parts of our website let you voluntarily provide personal information, such as your name or e-mail address. For example, you can provide us with your contact information to sign up for e-mail alerts or to post comments to our blog. We do not collect this information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide it to us. When you provide it to us, we only use it for the purposes of communicating with you and/or furthering our consumer protection activities.
We use Google Analytics to see how visitors are using our website. Google Analytics reports traffic patterns anonymously. No personally identifiable information is collected for this purpose.
Like many websites, we use “persistent cookie” technology. Persistent cookies are small text files that this website places on your computer so that it can remember you when you show up again later—like cookie crumbs. None of these cookies store any of your personal information. We use persistent cookies to enhance your experience on this website while also protecting your privacy.
Most internet browsers automatically accept persistent cookies. Although persistent cookies help us create a better experience for you, most of this website will also work without them. If you don’t want to accept cookies, you can change your browser’s options to not accept them or to prompt you before accepting them.
This website is expressly owned and operated by Chuao Chocolatier. The address for Chuao Chocolatier is 2345 Camino Vida Roble Carlsbad, CA 92011. Unless otherwise noted, all design and content featured on chuaochocolatier.com including navigational buttons and images, artwork, graphics, photography, text, and the like are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, and/or intellectual property that are owned, controlled, or licensed by chuaochocolatier.com. This website in its entirety is protected by copyright and applicable trade dress. The contents of our website and the website as a whole are intended solely for your personal, noncommercial use. Any use of our website and its content for purposes other than personal and noncommercial is prohibited without the prior written permission from chuaochocolatier.com. Do not reproduce, publish, display, modify, sell, or distribute any of the materials from chuaochocolatier.com. You may, however, download or electronically copy and print any of the page contents displayed on the site, but please remember that these are available for your personal, noncommercial use only. Should you choose to download, copy, or forward any site materials via email, no right, title, or interest in those materials will be transferred to you. The collection, arrangement, and assembly of all content on the site is the exclusive property of Chuao Chocolatier and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Chuao Chocolatier’s trademarks may not be used in any manner that disparages or discredits Chuao Chocolatier.