NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED/ENDORSED BY COST PLUS WORLD MARKET
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: Each Entrant must be a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Chuao Chocolatier, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of “Endless Summer” sponsored by Chuao Chocolatier (“Sponsor”), any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes begins at 12 a.m. PST on August 22, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on September 21, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). You can find the application on the Endless Summer Sweepstakes tab on the Chuao Chocolatier Facebook Fan Page. In order to become a fan you must “like” the Chuao Chocolatier page. You will need to provide first and last name, email address, date of birth, zip code and upload a photo of your favorite summer moment, using the hashtag #chuaoendlesssummer, via the Sweepstakes app on Facebook, or directly onto Twitter or Instagram. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on September 21, 2013. Any other method of entry is void. Non-compliance with any entry procedure will result in disqualification. All Photos submitted must be unique, produced by the Entrant. Photography submitted from the public domain will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the name appearing on the Entry. Participants may enter as many photos as they like. Voters may cast one vote per photo per day. Voting takes place on Facebook.
By submitting your entry, you agree that you give the Sponsor permission for the use of your name, image and/or likeness and you grant the Sponsor the right to post your entry on www.chuaochocolatier.com and Chuao Chocolatier social sites during and after the Sweepstakes. You may be required to submit a release (to be provided by Sponsor) granting Sponsor permission to use your name and/or likeness. Entries that communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate will be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Mass entries or entries and/or votes generated by a script, macro, or other automated means are not eligible. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line server provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
How to Vote: Voters may cast one vote per photo per day via the Sweepstakes app on Facebook. (1) Select the “like” button on the Chuao Chocolatier Facebook page, if the Voter is not already a Facebook fan of Chuao Chocolatier; (2) click on the “Vote” tab of the Sweepstakes app, next to the “Enter” tab; (3) click on your favorite entry, and then select the “vote” button next to the photo.
Photo Requirements: The photo must capture a sweet summer moment in a JPEG or PGN file no larger than 2MB. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Photo qualifies. Any Photo Entry not in compliance with the above will be disqualified. By entering, you understand and agree that your Photo may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted online for consumers to view on https://www.facebook.com/chuaochocolatier or other Sponsor-selected sites and you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Photo submitted. Sponsor will only post select Photos, at their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any posted Photo, in its sole discretion, even if the Photo has already been made available to the public.
3. Selection of Winner: Entrant with the most votes by 11:59 p.m. September 21, 2013 will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner of $500 WorldMarket.com e-gift card and will be notified via email or phone no later than September 29, 2013. A Chocolate Winner will be selected each week of the Sweepstakes, from August 22nd to September 21st, for a total of four Chocolate Winners. Chocolate Winners will be randomly selected. The prizes must be accepted “as is” – no substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted and no cash equivalent will be awarded. Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified via email on or about September 29, 2013, and will be given instructions on how to claim prize. Chocolate Winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within three (3) days of prize notification or prize will be forfeited. If the entrant whose winning entry is chosen does not reply within allotted time, then the prize will be forfeited. A list of Chocolate Winners will be available by request on or about October 2, 2013.
4. Prizes (6):
- (4) Random Chocolate Winners – One Chocolate Winner a week for four weeks will receive a Three Chocolate Bar Set from Chuao Chocolatier ($18 value) from August 22, 2013 and ending September 21, 2013. Chocolate Winners will be selected and notified on August 29, September 5, September 12, and September 19, 2013
- (1) Grand Prize – The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or about September 29, 2013. Grand Prize must be claimed by October 29, 2013.
- (1) $100 blogger gift card - One eligible blogger will be chosen using a random number generator to receive a $100 WorldMarket.com e-gift card. Eligible bloggers will include bloggers who notify their readers of the Sponsor’s Sweepstakes via their blog, Facebook page, Instagram or Twitter. Limit one entry per platform per week
A link to every post much be emailed to [email protected] to be eligible. Each link will count as one entry in the sweepstakes to win the blogger gift card. The blogger chosen will be announced on or about September 29, 2013.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are not transferable, and no substitutions are allowed except by Chuao Chocolatier who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Chocolate Bar Set prizes will not be reshipped if the original delivery is unsuccessful. Grand Prize will be sent electronically via WorldMarket.com and Sponsor is not responsible if Grand Prize Winner does not receive the prize. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities including, without limitation, income taxes, and other expenses or costs (not expressly set forth herein) relating to or arising from the receipt of a prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
5. General Conditions and Disclaimers: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Cost Plus World Market, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Any questions regarding this Sweepstakes shall not be directed to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes, or the Sweepstakes itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsors and judges, whose decisions are binding and final in all respects. If, for any reason, Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes or any portion(s) thereof and conduct the judging from among all eligible entries received at the time of termination, if any. Any person attempting to defraud Sponsors or tamper with Sweepstakes in any way will be prosecuted to the full extent permitted by law and will not be eligible for a prize.
All entries shall be and remain the exclusive property of the Sponsor and Entrant agrees that Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entry in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion without further consideration to Entrant or Winner. Entrant hereby agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities against any and all third party claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to any breach by the entrant of any provision of these Official Rules, including, without limitation, Entrant's representations and warranties made herein.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and/or winning Entrants’ acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes’ Entities to use winners’ names, addresses (city and state), photos, likeness, biographical information, and voice for advertising/publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, including but not limited to online, without further notice to or compensation. By entering Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to receive promotional, marketing materials and information, including email messages, from Sponsors and other Sweepstakes Entities.
Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, or illegible entries; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes.
6. Release From Liability of Sweepstakes Entities: By participating, Entrants agree that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with this Sweepstakes, including participation; acceptance/possession, use or misuse/defect of prize awarded herein; defects or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Sponsors. Further, entrants agree Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (ii) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sweepstakes Entities, or (iii) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities or their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Entrants further agree to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities in relation to this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, entrant agrees that, by entering the Sweepstakes (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
6. Prize Winners: Winners will be contacted via email or social media.
7. Winners Name: For the name of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Attn: Marketing Department
“Endless Summer Sweepstakes”
2345 Camino Vida Roble
Carlsbad, CA 92011
Sponsor: Chuao Chocolatier, 2345 Camino Vida Roble, Carlsbad, CA 92011
All trademarks not owned by Chuao Chocolatier that appear with relation to this sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to or sponsored by Chuao Chocolatier. Chuao Chocolatier’s trademarks may not be used in any manner that disparages or discredits Chuao Chocolatier.