- Lynn wrote: Ravishing Rocky Road is highly addictive!
- Ravishing Rocky Road is my favorite chocolate bar! It must be other people's favorite as well because it is often sold out sooner than the other high-end bars at the store where I buy it. Hope they keep making this chocolate bar for a very long time. Love the carmelized almonds with marshmallows in wonderful milk chocolate!
- Kabloozie wrote: YUM!
- This was an impulse buy at Blockbuster, of all places, and I regretted choosing it when it rang up as 6 bucks, but I knew I'd be getting ripped off buying candy at Blockbuster, so I pretty much expected that. But I couldn't resist it. The lumpy, bumpiness inside the beautiful foil wrapper was definitely enticing! And ... YUM! This is a really delicious chocolate bar. I LOVE the saltiness from the almonds, but, like the review before mine, I was hugely disappointed in the marshmallow experience. While the mallows were surprisingly NOT dried out and hard (due to being exposed and not covered in chocolate), the reality is that I was expecting a big, lush, hand-crafted, chocolate-smothered mallow (or small chunks of one, rather) like what's shown on the wrapper. But, store-bought mini-marshmallows instead?! Really?? That one element could definitely stand improvement, but even with that one disappointment, the overall bar was delish. I couldn't stop eating mine!
- Rita wrote: Rocky Road Heaven
- Initially to buy Halloween candy at the grocery store, after reading the company bio and evaluating for 10 minutes if I should buy the specialty bar, I know I am worth it and deserve to treat myself. The wrapper is beautiful and a great gift idea as well. Dark Chocolate really dances on your taste buds, the marshmellows are perfectly built into the bar, and easy to chew without a mess. A+. Every woman and person in general, try this bar. Great therapy, and happiness shortcut ! Enjoy.
- Elise wrote: Delicious but unbalanced
I got this chocolate bar after having received the maple bacon chocolate bar as a gift. So far, my experience with Chuao chocolates has been sublime. I was very excited about the rocky road flavor, mostly because of the picture that is on the packaging. The chocolate drenched marshmallows looked really appealing. Upon receiving the bar, it was not exactly what I expected. It was a solid bar of milk chocolate with some almonds and marshmallows sprinkled on top. This means that most of the marshmallow was exposed to the air. I would've liked it better if A) the marshmallows had been coated in chocolate B) there had been more of both ingredients, and they had been better distributed and C) maybe a little extra salt in the chocolate like in the maple bacon bar.
So far, the maple bacon bar is the obvious winner among the Chuao bars.