Summer is here. The days are long and the nights are warm. All the more reason to spend some quality time with good ‘ol Mother Nature, camp and get your s’more on. But you can ditch the sleeping bags and those conventional tents. A new trend is emerging that lets you enjoy camping without actually roughing it.
Welcome to the wonderful world of glamping. Originating in the early 1900’s with the popularization of the safari, glamping brings all the comforts of home to great outdoors. Beds, gourmet food, luxurious linens and more.
So if you are ready to get away from it all without really getting away from it all, here are the essentials you need to “glamp” in style:
1. Tall and roomy tent. You have to put all your stuff somewhere! We’re in love with the spacious Boutique Camping’s bell tents, which are offered in a variety of colors. Our friends at REI make a great alternative to the traditional glamping tents with the roomy Kingdom 8 Tent.
2. Comfy bed. Nothing is worse than a bad night’s sleep. Air mattresses are a great, portable solution, but nothing is glamorous about having to crawl out of bed on your hands and knees! Aerobed makes a great raised mattress or you can opt for a mattress.
3. Luxurious bedding. Dress your glamping bed like you do at home, with the highest thread count linens, a cozy comforter, and fluffy pillows.
4. Indoor & outdoor rugs. An outdoor rug is a must for dusting off those dirty dogs after stomping around in the wilderness. But it is the indoor rugs that create that luxurious home-away-from-home feeling. Cost Plus World Market stocks a lovely selection of indoor and outdoor rugs.
5. Small table. It is great to have a place for all your small things at the end of the day. The table is the perfect spot to for a vase filled with wildflowers from your day’s hike.
6. Camp chairs. A nice lounge chair is essential for soaking up the sun and for sitting around the campfire. You can also create a little nook in your tent with a plush chair for an added homey touch.
7. Lamps/lighting. Leave the flashlight at home and opt for mood lighting instead with hanging lanterns and tea lights.
8. A selection of gourmet chocolate bars for campfire treats. We love making sultry, sweet and salty s’mores with our Maple Bacon bar. Along with your other camping needs, you can find a selection of our gourmet chocolate bars at an REI store near you.
Now that you have the essentials covered, where will you glamp this summer?